Scholarship Merit Badge – Financial assistance originates from a wide range of sources devoted to advancing college; particularly among specific trainee teams.
Merit-based scholarships, particularly, benefit pupils for superior achievement in athletics, academics, and also other scholastic disciplines.
Extracurricular participation opens scholarship doors, as do community participation and also civic-mindedness. The bottom line: Trainees that obtain excellent grades and obtain involved in tasks outside institutions are best prepared to contend for college scholarships.
Organizations like Girl Scouts of the UNITED STATES and also Boy Scouts of America give beneficial to return to entrances for financial aid seekers that wish to stand apart.
Subscription in scouting organizations illustrates your dedication to excellence and also reveals scholarship managers that you are serious about education.
Regardless of where you contend for aid, your scouting affiliation offers you a boost – and scouting organizations, themselves, offer extensive financial assistance resources for Girl Scouts and also Boy Scouts making the shift to higher education.
Scholarship Merit Badge Requirements
- Do ONE of the following:
- Show that your school grades have been an average of B or higher (80 percent or higher) for one term or semester.
- Show that for one term or semester you have improved your school grades over the previous period.
- Do TWO of the following:
- Make a list of educational places located where you live (other than schools). Visit one, and report on how you used the place for self-education.
- With your counselor’s and your parent’s approval, interview two professionals (other than teachers or other professionals at your school) with established careers. Find out where they were educated, what training they received, and how their education and training have helped prepare them for the career they have chosen. Find out how they continue to educate themselves. Discuss what you find out with your counselor.
- Using a daily planner, show your counselor how you keep track of assignments and activities and discuss how you manage your time.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the different methods of research available to you for school assignments, such as the library, books and periodicals, and the internet.
- Get a note from the principal* of your school (or another school official named by the principal) that states that during the past year your behavior, leadership, and service have been satisfactory.
- Do ONE of the following:
- Show that you have taken part in an extracurricular school activity, and discuss with your counselor the benefits of participation and what you learned about the importance of teamwork.
- Discuss your participation in a school project during the past semester where you were a part of a team. Tell the counselor about the positive contributions you made to the team and the project.
- Do ONE of the following:
- Write a report of 250 to 300 words about how the education you receive in school will be of value to you in the future and how you will continue to educate yourself in the future.
- Write a report of 250 to 300 words about two careers that interest you and how specific classes and good scholarship, in general, will help you achieve your career goals.
Regional and National Scout Scholarships
College Scholarships for Eagle Scouts prevail – thanks to internal financing from BSA and generous sponsorship from outdoor entities.
National Eagle Scout Organization (NESA) offers numerous nationwide scholarships for pupils that have made Eagle status. Academic Scholarships include these choices:
NESA Academic Scholarships are valued at $3000 each. The variety of scholarships granted every year is established by offered funding.
Mabel, as well as Lawrence S. Cooke Scholarships, are granted in different amounts. Numerous presents are issued with values of $2500 each, and also the program also consists of richer handbags for a variety of highly qualified applicants.
Four trainees make $20,000 honors, which are disbursed in $4000 installations, over the course of 5 years. One grand reward is granted and also provides $48,000 worth useful to a solitary trainee. Funds are distributed in four installments of $12,000 each.
To recognize the need for highly educated workers in forward-thinking areas, the NESA supplies a STEM Science, Innovation, Engineering, and Math Scholarship. The $50,000 award is disbursed in equivalent payments throughout each recipient’s education.
United Wellness Foundation deals with scouting companies to provide yearly scholarships worth $25,000 each. To certify, candidates accept work in under-served clinical facilities complying with college graduation.
Hall/McElwain Merit Scholarships offer additional financing methods for NESA-sponsored college. These awards are administered by the 4 regional phases of the BSA:
Five-thousand candidates compete for 150 honors annually, which deserve $1000 each.
Depending on where you live, your scouting scholarship swimming pool might also consist of local honors. If you are a Boy Scout staying in the Northeast, take into consideration the Carter Scholarship Grant for New England Scouts.
Applications are submitted by secondary school elders and also victors obtain $1,500 each year, for each and every of their very first 2 years of university.
On the other hand, if you hail from the Northwest, the Cascade Pacific Council Eagle Scout Association College Scholarship may be well-suited to your financial aid requirements. Cascade Pacific Council scouts who are secondary school juniors or elders are eligible to apply.
1. Partnerships and Outside Resources Fund Scouting Scholarships
Business benefactors as well as other exclusive organizations offer beneficial scholarship help for Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts.
Eagle Scouts receive the $1,000 Frank D. Visceglia Memorial Scholarship, which is underwritten by the Organization for Commercial Property and also the National Association of Industrial as well as Workplace Parks.
Each honor is valued at $1000. Preference for the scholarships is provided to trainees who are proactively engaged in area projects associating to the economic situation, or the environment. Eagle Scouts going to a four-year, certified institution of higher learnings are welcomed to apply.
The” Eagle Scout of the Year” scholarship is granted annually to a top candidate. The Myriad additionally supplies a Girl Scout Success Honor for high-achieving scouts who have obtained the Girl Scout Gold Honor.
The Corinne Jeannine Schillings Structure Scholarship disperses financial assistance to deserving Girl Scout Silver or gold Honor winners that intend to major in a foreign language.
The Elks Foundation provides yearly scholarships for Girl Scouts that have risen to the top of the program and earned Gold Honor standing. Eight deserving Girl Scouts earn $6000 each toward the university.
Honors are disbursed in 4 annual $1500 installments. Application is made via participating local Girl Scout Councils.
The Order of the Arrowhead distributes memorial aid like the Josh Sain Memorial Scholarship. The honors identify exemplary service as organization leaders, as well as are provided based on scholastic accomplishment and also other notable accomplishments.
The” Eagle Scout of the Year” scholarship is granted annually to a top prospect. The Legion additionally provides a Girl Scout Accomplishment Honor for high-achieving scouts that have obtained the Girl Scout Gold Award.
The Elks Structure gives annual scholarships for Girl Scouts who have actually ascended to the top of the program and also earned Gold Honor standing.
2. Religion and Cultural Heritage Earn Scouts Scholarships
Faith-based campaigns help scouts that are passionate fans of certain religious beliefs. An ethnic family tree is also a qualifier for some one-of-a-kind support for scouts.
The Freeport, New York, based Eastern Orthodox Board on Scouting provides yearly scholarships worth $1000 each to victors, and $500 each to runners-up. If they have actually gotten the Alpha Omega Religious Award, Eagle Scouts and Gold Award Girl Scouts who are active members of the Eastern Orthodox Church are qualified to apply.
The Frank L. Weil Memorial Eagle Scout Scholarship, administered by the National Jewish Board on Scouting, is another culturally-sensitive honor.
Eagle Scouts who have actually earned the Ner Tamid emblem might make an application for one of three offered scholarships. Victors make $1000, while joggers up get approved for $500 each.
Also Read : Aviation Merit Badge
3. College and University Scout Scholarships
Institutions of college provide campus-specific scholarships for scouts. Individual programs undergo eligibility requirements presented by campus financial assistance administrators. Consult your institution’s FA workplace for details regarding opportunitiers at your institution. Recent programs consist of:
- Albright University in Analysis, Pennsylvania, offers a variety of $500 scholarships (renewable approximately 4 years) for Boy Scouts. Furthermore, the school supplies one $500 scholarship every year to girl scouts that have gained the Girl Scout Gold Award.
- Lebanon Valley University offers a similar Girl Scout Gold Reward of as much as $2,000 paid out over the course of a four-year education and learning.
- At Texas A&M University, Corps of Cadets Scholarships for Scouts are awarded each term, to 20 scouts who go into the Corps.
- Syracuse College maintains a United Radio Service Endowed Undergraduate Scholarship Fund in Design, which funds awards for Girl Scouts as well as Eagle Scouts.
- In Missouri, Columbia University supplies $500 scholarships for Eagle Scouts.
- At prestigious Stanford University, Eagle Scouts make Dofflemyer Formality Scholarships which are mainly need-based honors.